Inspiration is everywhere! Muse is a fickle friend. I got the inspiration for this dish from seeing a marinade bottle.
I seasoned this chicken breast in ground and fresh grated ginger; a little thyme, sage, and ground mustard; with a dash of garlic with sea salt and cajun seasoning. I injected it with injectable marinade and then coated it with just a little sesame ginger marinade. I then baked it.
The rice is a mixture of long grain and wild rice. I added a small amount of sesame seed oil, sliced almonds, and a hand full of sesame seeds to give in a more Asian flavor. I also seasoned it with ginger, garlic, sea salt, and a splash of soy sauce.
I made a dipping sauce out of a little of the sesame ginger marinade, teriyaki sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. I also paired this dish with a Japanese beer Kirin Ichiban. If you like beer and haven’t tried it, What are you waiting for?
It may not be authentic or found in a hibachi grill, but this Asian inspired dish was delicious and very easy to make!
- 3 Asian-Inspired Kosher Recipes (theflyingfugu.com)
- Sesame crusted chicken cutlets with shaved asparagus and carrot salad (charlotte.news14.com)
- Recipe: Korean BBQ Marinade Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- How To Make Teriyaki Chicken (answers.com)
- “Crunchy-Crunchy” Sesame & Panko-Crusted Chicken (redtri.com)
- IL MITO’s Soy & Ginger Marinade (6-30-12) (fox6now.com)
- Asian-Inspired Grilled Chicken Skewers (foodforays.com)
- Adventures in the kitchen: Asian-inspired chicken (eemusings.wordpress.com)