I know I’ve been absent for quite some time, and I am deeply sorry for that. I am here now to announce some exciting new things coming in the new year. As I have already told you, I am planning a New Year’s Resolution Cooking List. I’m leaning more toward calling it a New Year’s Revelation. During this time I plan to attempt to cook things that I have never made before and record the experience. I have some awesome dishes in mind and hope to do at least one, if not two per month.
But wait! There’s more! I also intend to introduce a new monthly post of ”Ingredient of the Month”. I will feature a new ingredient every month and discuss things such as its uses, what it tastes like, what it pairs well with, how choose ripe/fresh ingredients, and possibly do’s and don’ts. I will try to choose unique ingredients each month and my goal is to post at least one dish with in that month with that ingredient. If I use common ingredients, I will try to find interesting or uncommon uses or pairing for them.
Along the same lines as the ingredient of the month posts, I am also toying with the idea of random monthly posts featuring handy or favorite utensils, appliances, techniques, and the like. I think that these posts will help me complete my mission of not just teaching recipes but inspiring people to get in their kitchen and experiment on their own! My favorite part of cooking is creating, and I desperately want to share that passion with others.
Here are some fun links to hold you over until the new year! I hope everyone has a fun and safe holidays and I will see you in 2013!
- 20 Ingredients You May Not Have Heard Of Or Known What To Do With: Until Now! – The Kitchn’s Best of 2012 (thekitchn.com)
- Introducing: IngrediAINTS (ariennejuliano.wordpress.com)
- Secret Ingredient Cookie Dough Dip (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Potato-Yam Soufflé with Zucchini (hauteliste.com)
- Heard of the Christmas cookie? Watch how it crumbles with some blackstrap molasses….. (i2cook.wordpress.com)